On average, a woman has her period from 3 to 7 days from age 13 to 52..basically a woman endures periods for a total of 6.25 years of her life. The days when a woman has her period are a bloody mess. LIKE LITERALLY. The mood swings, PMS, bloating and cramps are hard to deal with while putting a smile on your face.
PRIMARY DYSMENORRHEA is the scientific term for the menstrual cramps.No matter how fancy the term is the pain is REAL. Hence taking prevention is better than cure. It all depends on the amount of food you intake and the exercise for your body, these two factors can mostly play a role during periods
There is no way you can escape the mood swings but here are some tips about how to reduce period cramps pain.
- Intense pain in your lower abdomen and thighs which gives a sense of throbbing
- Nausea and dizziness
- Irregular bowels and loose stools
- Pain in lower back and thighs
When in pain put some heat on the lower abdomen region. It relieves the pain and relaxes your body. If you do not have a heating pad at your home then you can make one on your own.
- Boil water on the stove and transfer it into a water bottle. Use it until the heat reduces
- Heat rock salt in a pan on the stove for 5 to 7 minutes then put it in a cloth and tie a knot around it. Or you can just put the salt in a sock and microwave for 5mins.
Also, you can just take a hot shower with salts and rubs it relaxes your muscles.
Drink More Water:
Staying hydrated is a must. Drink more and more water. If you don’t like to drink plain water add lemon or mint for the taste.
If not those you can try some cinnamon, ginger, and chamomile tea. Herbs are always good for the body. It is believed that herbs reduce muscle contractions and pain associated with it.
- Chicken, fish, and leafy vegetables contain iron. These are recommended a lot of iron is lost during menses.
- Make fruits your friends. Papaya, banana, pineapples, kiwi, etc
- Try to add some ginger in the food as ginger gives relaxation for bloating and digestive issues
- Broccoli and salmon.
Exercise during the period might not sound like a good idea but in actual it works. When you workout body releases endorphins. These hormones make you happy hence exercise is a key for pain reduction.
Periods are bad and cramps make it even worse. Even after following all the tips and medication, you might not feel good..but do not lose hope.
You have been coping with periods ever since and you can do it now too. When you’re feeling low just grab that chocolate and treat yourselves. Sometimes it works too 😉
Save the pin for later