Poor dietary habits, poor hair care routine, Hormonal fluctuations, increased pollution and few other factors can contribute to hair growth and also damages your hair in various ways. Haircare routine needs to be on point in order to avoid any kind of hair problems.
In order to protect your hair and maintain healthy hair, here are some tips which you could follow for naturally beautiful and strong hair.
How often do you wash your hair?
- Don’t wash your hair more than thrice a week. Washing too often can do more harm than good.
- Washing hair alternate days should be a good solution for people with oily scalp and for people with normal/dry scalp can wash once every two-three days as per your convenience
- Cleanse your scalp by shampooing and massaging to get all the dead skin cells off.
Do not comb wet hair. Hair is more likely to break when it’s wet.
Oiling your hair
- To get rid of hair problems it is necessary to oil your hair. Oiling conditions the hair by preventing it from being dry and brittle.
- Oiling your hair nourishes the roots to the tips and also promotes hair growth.
- Add ingredients like onion or curry leaves to make your hair oil more effective.
- Promote your hair health by providing the right nutrients to your hair.
- Boost your hair health by including nuts, eggs, salmon, soybean, spinach, sweet potato, fatty fishes and foods rich in vitamin C in your diet.
Other basic tips for daily routine
- It is very important that you tie your hair when you sleep.
- It is always advised to go for a trim every three months. A regular trim ensures that your split ends do not grow further and ensures that your hair is healthy.
- Keep your head and hair covered when you are out. Wear a soft scarf or a comfortable hat to prevent hair from pollution
- Brushing the hair too much can cause breakage.
- Limit the usage of hot tools on the hair, such as straighteners or curling tongs.
- Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush. Wide-tooth combs are most gentle for untangling hair, as brushes can pull and tear when they snag strands.
- Tight hairstyles can be damaging because they tend to pull and tear hair. So put your hair up in loose, comfortable hairstyles.
- Or braiding your hair loose helps in taming your hair by avoiding snarls and unbearable tangles.